Today is celebration day: my New York Persona turned one-month-old. Weeks have passed without asking for checking-in or out at my desk. This uncontrolled way of time management is the only reasonable explanation how four weeks could just turn from present to past with such a pace.
New York, my love,
They say the first few months of a relationship is not real love but blind infatuation. To be honest, it is fine for me either way now; love or infatuation both makes us happy, so what to over-think?! And since we are already living together, it could just as easily be more than a simple infatuation, don’t you think?
I like celebrating. I would celebrate every and each day with you, my love, but we need to draw a healthy line between ordinary days and celebration days – or, at least, this is what they say. So I try to ease my celebrating heart and make it accept that we count only the months and above…
But here we go: a month has passed and I let my heart beat faster and collect some of the reasons why you and me fall for each other:
- We both have reachable aims: to make a change!
- We love discovering each other!
- We become more open towards others and new things!
- We both like daydreaming when everybody else is busy!
- We just love riding the subway!
- We love being alone form time to time!
- We love when the sun caresses our body!
- We hate libraries but still go there for the moments of quiet!
- We love night lights!
- We both love dancing till the dark!
- We both love looking up, when others are looking down!
- We are the cure for each other’s headache!
- We are both addicted to coffee… and cheesecake!
- We love theaters!
- We teach each other for patience!
- We stand up for ‘more books’, while buying a lot of them!
- We also like reading them – after the ‘buying them’!
- We discover the greatest form of arts hand in hand!
- We invest in each other’s language skills!
- We love spending time in nature!
- We keep each other fit by working out every day!
- We enjoy cheap and crap food to save some bucks to enjoy something else the next day!
- We love festivals and gatherings!
- We discover that we are not the craziest – and it does make us a little sad!
- We love poetry; especially at odd places!
- We show each other the beauty around us!
- We teach other how to overcome fears!
- We can do anything together, really anything. And I mean really anything!
- We make each other happy; really happy. But I mean really happy!
+ 1 from me to you: You make me feel that anything is possible!
And it has only been a month…. can you imagine all the amazing things are still ahead of us?
‘I love you’
‘…and I love you, too’ – said the city before it switched off its lights to sleep. Ah no sorry that is an other city; this one never sleeps…